The Write Stuff

Andrew Zornoza’s “Where I Stay” was 14 years in the making. On November 2, meet the author and come see why it was worth the wait.

Andrew Zornoza, author of the gritty and poignant photo-prose novel “Where I Stay,” comes to PLV as part of the Writers @ Pace series. Join us on November 2 at 1:30p.m. for a reading by the author, followed by Q&A and book signing. This event is free and open to the public.

From the publisher… “In the process of constantly disappearing, the unhinged, unmoored and unnamed narrator of “Where I Stay” travels through a cracked North America, stalked by his own future self and the whispers of a distant love. From Arco, Idaho to Mexico City, he flees along the highways and dirt roads of a landscape filled with characters in transition: squatters, survivalists, prostitutes, drug runners, skinheads, border guards and con-men. “Where I Stay” is a meditation on desperation, identity, geography, memory, and love— a story about endurance, about the empty spaces in ourselves, about the new possibilities we find only after we have lost everything.”