Research. Study. Explore. Network. Travel! Spend three to six weeks this summer at a Fulbright U.K. Summer Institute. Further your understanding of Shakespeare on-site at the renowned Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre; use London as your classroom at King’s College London Summer Institute; get a taste of three universities and learn about the role of Wales within the United Kingdom; and much more!
Fulbright U.K. Summer Institutes provide the opportunity for U.S. undergraduates (18 years old and over), with at least two years of undergraduate study left to complete, to go to the U.K. for a three to six week academic and cultural summer program at a highly regarded UK University. The Summer Institutes cover round-trip airfare, tuition and fees at the host university, accommodation, and meals.
Students may choose from nine different Institutes, across twelve host locations, including:
- American Institute for Foreign Study Summer Institute – Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre
- Scotland Summer Institute – Scotland: Identity, Culture, and Innovation
- University of Exeter Summer Institute – Leadership, Sustainability, and the South West
- University of Bristol Summer Institute – Slavery and the Atlantic Heritage
- Queen’s University Belfast Summer Institute – Understanding Ireland: Northern Perspectives
The official deadline for students to apply is March 11, 2013; however, students must receive institutional nomination in order to be eligible. E-mail Prestigious Fellowship Coordinator Dustin Gee at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.