These Are a Few of Our Favorite Things

We asked five student assistants from University Relations’ Marketing and Communications and Special Events departments to tell us what they’re most excited about this winter break. Here’s what they had to say:

“My favorite thing to do during Xmas break is to catch up on all the shows my mother has DVRed for me while I was away on campus.”

—Sasha Manford ’14
Marketing major

“My favorite thing about winter break is definitely just getting to escape from all the stress of school and hiding out in Connecticut for a while. It’s always a blast because all your friends from high school are home too, it’s like a big reunion.”

—Taylor Eastman ’14
Communications major

“I enjoy spending time at home during winter break. It is always great to see my friends and family. I also like to explore Manhattan and see the Christmas windows at Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales, Lord and Taylor, Macy’s, and Bergdorf Goodman’s!”

—Michelle Davret ’14
Communications and Commercial Dance major

“During winter break I love to take time to spend time with family and friends I’ve missed out on because of the craziness of fall semester and try to relax so I’m rejuvenated for the spring. This year, I’m most looking forward to seeing Nas at Radio City Music Hall on New Year’s Eve!”

—Sarah Aires ’14
Communication Studies major

“The greatest thing about winter break has to be getting to relax and catch up on all my favorite television shows and read so much. Being able to do this at home is just the best because you’re surrounded by family and the holiday season has everyone in a good mood!”

—Betty Fermin ’13
International Management major

So where do you weigh in? More of a lounging in sweatpants all day with family or sharpening up the ice skates to take on Wollman Rink? Hit the comments below!

Twitter Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Technorati Facebook Email