How are environmental policies chosen in a failing economy? Where are the green jobs President Obama promised? Can we afford to delay action on issues such as climate change and water protection? How do we make smart choices to ensure a safe environment for current and future generations?
Please join the Pace Community at Hard Choices in Hard Times: Deciding Our Environmental Future, an exciting discussion about some of the most challenging choices of our times presented by the Pace Academy for Applied Environmental Studies.
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Gottesman Room, Kessel Student Center (PLV Campus)
6:00 p.m.– 6:30 p.m.: light refreshments
6:30 p.m.– 7:30 p.m.: roundtable discussion
7:30 p.m.– 8:00 p.m.: questions
- Glenn Prickett, chief external affairs officer, The Nature Conservancy, and scholar in residence, Pace Academy for Applied Environmental Studies
- Andrew Revkin, senior fellow for environmental understanding, Pace Academy for Applied Environmental Studies, and New York Times “Dot Earth” blogger
- John Cronin, senior fellow for environmental affairs, Pace Academy for Applied Environmental Studies
- Robert J. Goldstein, distinguished professor, United States Military Academy and adjunct professor of environmental law, Pace Law School
- Moderated by Michelle D. Land, director, Pace Academy for Applied Environmental Studies
This event is free and open to the public. Please reserve your seat by Friday, October 14 by e-mailing PaceAcademy@pace.edu.