On Thursday, September 15, the NYC and PLV campuses will honor our student veterans at Student Veterans Receptions held from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Student Union on the NYC Campus and 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. in Butcher Suite on the PLV Campus.
Returning student veterans will welcome new students to Pace and several of Pace’s offices will be on-hand to answer questions one-on-one and provide information necessary to help students with a successful transition to civilian life.
- Student Development & Campus Activities—information about the forming Student Veterans Association (SVA) and other involvement opportunities
- Residence Life—information about living on campus and in the residence halls
- Office of Student Assistance—information about bill pay, funding from the VA/certification, and other financial services
- Financial Aid—information regarding financial aid and additional financial assistance
- Athletics—information regarding use of the fitness center, health programs, and intramural programs
- Office of Student Success—information regarding their support of the veterans and the office’s main functions
- Counseling and Disability Services—information regarding on-campus resources, disability services, and VA support on campus
- Career Services—information regarding career services and employment placement opportunities
Pace student veteran Jason Roth, who is assembling SVA on the PLV Campus, will speak about the organization. For more information, visit Pace’s Student Veterans of America website.
Did you know? Pace University was selected by G.I. Jobs magazine as a Military Friendly School for 2012, an honor awarded to only 15% of all colleges, universities, and trade schools nationwide. For more information on Pace’s commitment to veteran’s education, visit http://www.pace.edu/veterans.