Jumpstart joined Pace University in 2007 and has since attracted almost 150 students, bringing college students and community volunteers together with preschool children for individualized tutoring and mentoring. Students here at Pace can take part in the Jumpstart program by visiting www.jstart.org/apply. Contact LunYan Tom, Site Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Jumpstart at Pace is housed under the Center for Undergraduate Research Experiences (CURE), which also provides service-learning opportunities through the Community and Volunteer Mobilization (CVM) AmeriCorps, the Liberty Partnerships Program, and Upward Bound.
If you’re interested in long-term work with English language and computer literacy, CVM AmeriCorps is currently recruiting Pace students and alumni for nine-month paid internships. Read more about this exciting opportunity here.
Looking for more ways to help children reach their fullest potential?
- Become a role model to a child who needs it with Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC, Brooklyn and Queens, or Westchester.
- Help get inner-city kids off the streets using the power of baseball with Harlem RBI.
- Use soccer for social change to help Street Soccer USA end homelessness through sports.
- Find out how An Apple a Day is inspiring kids to live happy, healthy, and balanced lives.
- Learn how the American Youth Table Tennis Organization uses table tennis to promote the emotional and physical well-being of inner-city youth.