“I Run for Life…”

“I run for your mother, your sister, your wife. I run for you and me, my friend. I run for life.” –Melissa Etheridge

On September 12, join Pace as we lace up our sneakers and run breast cancer right out of town at the Susan G. Komen Greater NYC: Race for the Cure.

At last year’s Race for the Cure, Pace lost in the Largest University Team to John Jay by one person. This year, Pace professor Ellen Mandel wants to make sure it doesn’t happen again, so read more and sign up now! For those of you on the PLV campus, free breakfast and transportation will be provided.

And this isn’t the only walk Pace students are walking! Just a few months ago, members of Pace’s LGBTQA Task Force participated in the AIDS Walk New York and students, faculty, and staff on both campuses gathered in PLV to raise $40,000 for the American Cancer Society at Pace’s annual Relay for Life event.

Interested in more walks, runs, and races for good causes? Coming up soon: WWP Soldier Ride on Long Island will celebrate our nation’s wounded soldiers and raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project: July 24. JRunners Relay of 2010 will raise money for Lou Gehrig’s disease with a sensational 125 mile relay run from Brooklyn to the Catskills on July 28-29. On August 15, 4,000 people will follow in the footsteps of the World Champion Yankees at the Damon Runyon run/walk for cancer research at Yankee Stadium.

Rather wait until the fall? Well, tis the season to be jogging! Bike for a world free of MS in Westchester on September 26 at Bike MS. In NYC? Raise money to achieve a world of No More Homeless Pets at the Strut Your Mutt walk. For some more charity walks, click here.